Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org..
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name and email address. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
In order to process information requests, information about the user must be collected and logged for the purposes of retaining an audit log. The request system is based on an individual's email address which will be used to link the request to an existing site user if able.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Joomla Core Capabilities
- All requests to a Joomla website start a session which stores the IP address in the session data and creates a session cookie in the user's browser. The IP address is used as a security measure to help protect against potential session hijacking attacks and this information is deleted once the session has expired and its data purged. The session cookie's name is based on a randomly generated hash and therefore does not have a constant identifier. The session cookie is destroyed once the session has expired or the user has exited their browser.
- When a network connection is available, a Joomla installation will attempt to communicate with the joomla.org servers for various capabilities, to include:
- Checking for updates for the Joomla application
- Help screens for core Joomla extensions
- The Install from Web service (opt-in)
- The statistics collection server (opt-in)
Authentication - Cookie
In conjunction with a plugin which supports a "Remember Me" feature, such as the "System - Remember Me" plugin, this plugin creates a cookie on the user's client if a "Remember Me" checkbox is selected when logging into the website. This cookie can be identified with the prefix `joomla_remember_me` and is used to automatically log users into the website when they visit and are not already logged in.
GDPR Component Capabilities
Logs of user changes: whenever a change in a user profile occurs, for example if a user changes his personal data, all changes must be tracked and logged. The GDPR component keeps track of every change for personal data including custom fields. The logs report can be exported in CSV and Excel formats.
Cookie consent: to be compliant with the EU Cookie Law you need an effective solution to really block local cookies and third-party cookies before the consent is given by users, even supporting revocable consent and cookie categorization.
Logs of cookie consents: the GDPR component is able to track even consents given for the cookie usage both by visitors and registered users of your website.
Consents registry: you can generate and export a registry including consent details given by users that is an essential document if requested by the Data Protection Commissioner.
Data breach notifications: in the case that a data breach occurs, you can mark violated profiles and quickly notify users and the Data Protection Commissioner sending them an alert email.
Record of processing activities: the GDPR component is able to manage the record of processing activities and its generation in both Excel and OpenOffice format to be compliant with the EU GDPR.
Fully automated deletion and export: by default the deletion and export of a user profile is fully managed by the GDPR component and self-made by the user so you don't have to worry about manual operations. Optionally you can choose to manage deletion and export manually and receive a request by users that is integrated with the Joomla! Privacy Component.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us through our contact form.